- Born – 1460 A.D
- Purvashrama name -Yatiraja
- Birth place – Bannur, Mysore, Karnataka
- Sanyasa – at age 6
- Sanyasa name – Vyasa Thirtha
- Other names and titles – Vyasarayaru, Vyasaraja
- Guru – Sri Brahmanya Thirtha
- Philosophy – Tattvavada of Sri Madhvacharya
- Works – numerous
- Major works – Nyayamritam, Tarkatandava, Tatparya Chandrika, Prameya Shloka
- Matha – Vyasaraja Matha, Karnataka
- Avatara of – Shankhukarna
- Other Avataras – Prahlada, Bahlika, Raghavendra Swamy
- End – 8th March, 1539 A.D
- Brundavana – Nava Brindavana, Hampi, Karnataka
5 thoughts on “Sri Vyasathirtha”
A good informative site.
I have my own doubts on following:
1. Matha – Vyasaraja Matha, Mulabagal, Karnataka
It should be just Vyasaraja Mutt. SVM is / was never in Mulbagal. Sri Vyasarajaru was at MB only for his vidyarjane with Sri Sripadara Rajaru.
2. Avatara of – Prahlada
You may want to state – Moola avatara of Shankhu karna
3. Sanyasa – not known
He is also a bala sanyasi, at the age of 6.
Sri Brahmanya theertharu did his munji.
Namaste Sri Harish,
Thanks for these inputs. I have edited the page and included your suggestions.
Interesting fact is that all the bala sanyasi ,like vyasaraja,vadiraja,vijayendra teertha ,were immidiately after birth , taken in a gold plate (avoiding contact with earth- bhupatana) to the matha and there by raised there as futute pontiffs.
perhaps bhupatana induces rajoguna .(detrimental to sanyasi)
I would like to know if there are any traslations of Vyasatirtha’s work available in english, please let me know.