- He is the Full Moon, which creates ecstatic waves in the ocean of pious people. Let that Indirapati (consort of Lakshmi), the One who has infinite attributes and One who is full of joy, show affection towards us
- O Lord Narayana, the One who is like Full Moon giving joy to the Chakora bird called Rama (Lakshmi), the One who is the fire which burns the arrogance of evil people, the One who is the final destination for that pious traveler, I offer my salutations to you!
- The One who performs creation, preservation and destruction of both the sentient and insentient Universe, the One who is without any distortion, to that householder who is the sweetheart of Rama (Lakshmi), I offer my salutations.
- He is full of joy and perfect attributes. He is always worshipped with devotion by Indira, who constantly looks at Him with her smiling glances. I offer my salutations to that Hari
- Everything is under His control. He is under the control of none. He has conquered everything. No body has ever won Him. He is the one who has created everything. He has not been created by anyone. To that Ramapati, I offer my salutations!
- One without any Gunas (Gunas that are part of Prakriti), One whose very essence comprises all Gunas, One who is the primordial reason for this Universe, One who is the destroyer of all enemies. O Vasudeva! My salutations to you
- One who is the primordial Lord, One who is the Lord of the Devatas, One who destroyed the enemies, One who brings an end to the eternal ignorance. O best of all! salutations to you
- One who was never born, One who is the progenitor of all, One who destroyed all the Danavas, One who is worthy of worship by even Brahma and others. O Garudadhvaja, salutations to you
- One who is constantly subject to the affection filled glances of Indira, One whose main occupation is fullfilling of our desires, One who is complete, O Lord Hari, salutations to you!
Month: March 2010
Sri Dheerendra Aeri, a regular visitor to this blog, and a dear friend has transliterated into Kannada, the Maha Narayana Upanishad. The pdf of the same can be downloaded from the mantras page.
I wish to express my sincere thanks to Sri Dheerendra for his contribution. I would only be happy to take more such contributions from you 🙂
May Lord Krishna bless you and your family!
Dwadasha Stotra – 1
Source: Sankeerna Granthagalu, published by Akhila Bharata Madhva Mahamandala, 2nd edition
- I bow and chant the name of that Vasudeva, whose inherent nature is bliss and who is without any defects. I bow to Him who is the consort of Indira and who gives boons to even the givers of boons (Brahma, Rudra and others)
- That lotus feet, which is on the foot pedestal where the crowns of Lords like Brahma and Rudra are placed, and which belongs to Him who destroys the ignorace in our hearts just like the Sun destroys darkness – I bow to those feet of Lord Sripati
- Those thighs of the Lord, which are worthy of meditation, which are adorned with golden clothes and golden ornaments, and where the Mother of the World Lakshmi Devi is seated – to those thighs I offer my respects
- The trunk of the Lord holds the entire Universe even though it is very slim. It is decorated by a beautiful Trivali. It can be hugged only by Sridevi. Such a trunk needs to be meditated upon
- One should meditate upon the chest of Lord Vishnu. It is the favorite residence of Indira. Even though it is endless in space, time and attributes, it is in between the two shoulders of the Lord
- The Lord’s shoulders are to be meditated upon. They hold the Shankha, Chakra, Gada and Padma. The only activity for those round shoulders of the Lord is to protect and sustain the Universe at all times!
- The Lord’s neck (throat) is to be constantly meditated upon. It brings a shine even to the Kaustubha jewel adorning it! All the Vedas are constantly emanating from it
- The Lotus like face of the Lord of Yamini (Lakshmi) is to be constantly thought of. It excels even a thousand moons in lustre. It destroys all the sins of Samsara
- One should constantly remember the smile of Govinda which is radiant, complete and unparalleled in its glow. That smile can grant Moksha, the abode of eternal bliss
- I meditate upon the sight of Lord Rama, the embodiment of eternal and infinite bliss. That sight is the ocean of nectar which can remove the pain of wordly life!
- One should meditate upon the eyebrows of the Lord. It protects Brahma and others and is worshipped by them. It grants even Brahma Padavi and release people from this world
- Think constantly of the Lord, especially during the time of one’s death. Even though Brahma and others constantly chant His greatness (attributes), there is no end to His description. He is therefore Ananta!